Migration and youth in rural areas
Migration is an intrinsic part of rural development. Yet, there are major knowledge gaps regarding its drivers, dynamics and effects on rural areas. This course allows learners to understand the linkages between migration and rural development, with a particular focus on youth. It also provides policy recommendations on how to maximize the positive impacts of rural migration and minimize its negative effects.
- United Nations Country Teams and Food and Agriculture Organization staff;
- Planners, policy formulators and advisors on migration, agriculture and rural development;
- Managers and technical staff in the ministries responsible for agriculture, rural development, migration, employment and others;
- The general public.
- The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player.
- The downloadable version only runs on Windows PCs and no additional software is needed.