Migration and Youth in Rural Areas
Migration is an intrinsic part of rural development. Yet, there are major knowledge gaps regarding its drivers, dynamics and effects on rural areas. This e-learning course allows to understand the linkages between migration and rural development with a particular focus on youth. It also provides policy recommendations on how to maximize the positive impacts of rural migration and minimize the negative ones.
You will learn about
- Key facts and concepts of migration and its linkages with rural development
- Drivers and characteristics of rural migration
- Impacts of migration on rural areas
- How to maximize the positive impacts and minimize the negative ones
- Why FAO is working on migration issues and how migration could be mainstreamed into rural development policies and programmes
The target audience for this course includes:
- UN Country Teams and FAO staff
- Planners, policy formulators and advisors on migration, agriculture and rural development
- Managers and technical staff in the ministries responsible for agriculture, rural development, migration, employment and others
- General public
The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player.
The downloadable version only runs on Windows PC’s and no additional software is needed.
LevelSuitable for All