Migration and gender
This course considers the gender dimensions of rural migration. As men and women experience migration differently, to reduce vulnerability and empower both rural women migrants and women who stay behind, it is essential to integrate gender into policies and programmes on migration and rural development. This course explains gender concepts and available data about women migrants; the gender dimensions of migration at different phases of the migration cycle; and how vulnerability, discrimination and gender roles affect women both as challenges and opportunities.
- United Nations Country Teams and FAO staff;
- Planners, policy formulators and advisors on migration, agriculture and rural development;
- Managers and technical staff in the ministries responsible for agriculture, rural development, migration, employment and others;
- The general public.
- The online version of this course runs on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. In order to access this course on Internet Explorer or Firefox, you must install and enable Adobe Flash player;
- The downloadable version only runs on Windows PCs and no additional software is needed.